Originally Posted by Owain
Ok, why do YOU think that voters have rejected the Democratic party?

Derid has made it pretty clear, and I agree with him 100%, that the Democrat party is shit. It's shit now, it was shit 8 years ago, and it was shit 40 years before that. The issue is not the Democrat party, because as you are keen to point out, they are currently not relevant. The issue is the Republican party and the President. He was elected on a promise to "drain the swamp" and "make America great again" but all we've seen since his election is a spike in cronyism, infighting (within his own party and cabinet mind, not between himself and dems), and a steady stream of embarrassing tweets, speeches, etc.

Voters rejected the Democrat candidate because she is a criminal, and the part is a shit show. They ran to the only viable alternative they were given. My argument is that the alternative isn't really any better (and that's saying something), and that the conversation needs to be about how to get rid of ALL OF THEM. What has to happen for the voting public to realize what's happening and what's at stake? I've been ashamed of the government many times before, but for the first time in my 37 years I'm actually ashamed of my country.