Quote:
This is a pretty good summation, its only mistake is that it is known (and common sense) that bans on guns with certain cosmetic features would not impact crime.

I agree with you here, I think limitation on WHAT is not a very effective approach. By far better approach is limiting WHO. I don't think you'd disagree that certain kinds of people who currently have access should not be allowed access to guns. Unfortunately this approach is a political dead-end due to "take away our guns" hysteria.

So question remains - are limitation on clips effective or not? If I had to guess - I'd say marginal at best.

Safe storage laws? I think this is good idea. You keep reading about kids dying to unsecured guns all the time. Why is this even controversial?

Universal background check. Why is this even controversial? This is necessary to enforce existing guns laws, or do you think they shouldn't be enforced?

Quote:
if guns werent available someone bent on making headline news by causing mass carnage can look to any number of other extremely easy means and methods - from homemade bombs to hijacking a fuel truck at a gas station to simply grabbing a beater car and playing crazy taxi IRL.

Are these methods as easy to implement, and more importantly as deadly? Sure, crazies will do crazy things, but when one goes on a stabbing spree in China casualty toll is much lower.

Last edited by sini; 02/06/13 10:02 AM.

[Linked Image]