"I can see absolutely no justification, constitutional or otherwise, why anything
deadlier than hunting or handguns should be allowed for personal possession. We
don't allow personal ownership of artillery for example, why would we allow something
like AK47? "

The same can be said for just about anything. Computers ( omghackers ), cleaning
chemicals ( omgterrorists ), moving trucks ( omgbombers and omghumantraffikers ),
and well . . . you get the idea.

For those unfamiliar with firearms, let me clarify something.

There is no difference in lethality between a revolver, a bolt action rifle, or a
semi-automatic. None. Nada. Zip. Many firearms shoot the same calibers, only their
appearance and / or rate of fire changes. That's it.

A .223 bolt gun used for hunting is every bit as lethal as it's high capacity AR-15
brother. The latter allows you to simply shoot faster than the former. Make no mistake
about it, both are equally lethal. The former requires more skill to use than the latter
but, in skilled hands, is more effective.

"First AUTOMATIC weapons are illegal"

Not really. Full auto weapons manufactured prior to the full-auto ban are still legal
to own. They are considered Class III devices and therefore subject to NFA regulations.
In other words, you have to pay the government an extra tax to own one, have the paperwork
blessed by the BATFE and adhere to the extra rules governing the weapon in general.
Same thing applies to any NFA device. ( Short barreled rifles, suppressors, destructive
devices, etc. etc. ) Subject to your own State laws of course but, at the Federal level,
they are quite legal.

"So when are the same people wanting to ban guns going to start calling for the ban of
alcohol?"

Chuckle. I hear you. Never going to happen, tried it once. Didn't end well. Apparently
lesson not learned about banning things for everyone because a few don't know how to handle.
Alcohol abuse kills more in this country every year than firearms ever will. Yet, not a
peep about banning alcohol again.

Go ahead, someone tell me a legitimate use for an alchoholic beverage outside of getting
drunk. Then take the number of people killed / injured by it every year and compare it to
firearm deaths and injuries. Last I looked at it, alcohol related deaths were 1.5x that of
firearms deaths.

Now sit there and tell me of the two, which is the bigger problem ? I'm all ears.

Even more entertaining, you can get blitzed and plow through a crowd full of Nuns in
your car and it's not murder. It's only manslaughter. He was drunk. :|

Yet, get blitzed and grab a firearm of any kind and mow down the same group of Nuns
and watch what the charge is. Burn in hell you murderer ! lol Give em the chair !

-facepalm-

"Additionally, gun ownership rules are extremely lax right now"

Did you know, with the exception of private sales, that purchasing a firearm will subject
you to the FBI NCIS check prior to your leaving the store with it ? Every. Single. Time.
Without exception.

Purchasing a firearm LEGALLY is easy IFF you can pass the background check. If you have
never committed a crime and have never been evaluated for psycological problems, you'll
easily pass the check. Without a history to work with, it would be nigh impossible to
predict who will crack / snap next and what they will do. Even WITH a history, it would
be tough to predict.

Last edited by Daye; 12/16/12 03:41 PM.