Keep in mind I own a lot of these *scary* firearms, have attended numerous firearm training/safety courses, a CHL holder and have competed in shooting competitions for several years. I can probably out perform most police and military personal in shooting and safety. I say this because I shoot along side a lot of them at the range and in competitions.

So most people would label me a gun nut and apply a lot of negative stereotypes to me. I know for a fact that most of the people in my community of gun owners are not opposed to some changes. They are some of the most responsible, safe and patriotic people I know.

The Solution = Responsibility and Accountability

I see the result of lax gun laws on a first hand basis. I see people come out with small arsenals of weapons and have no freaking clue what they are doing with them. They are unsafe, a danger to me and a walking accident waiting to happen. That is why I firmly believe in educating gun owners on safety and how to operate their firearms.

My opinions do not come from some political forum or mass media news channel. I grew up in Texas surrounded by guns and have used them since I was a little kid.

I think educating gun owners prior to purchase and holding them accountable is a excellent solution.