Originally Posted By: Kaotic
Personal responsibility is the key to our system of government.
Apparently I needed to make this bold and larger because everyone seems to be ignoring it.

Everyone seems to forget that the reason for the second amendment isn't personal protection, tradition, hunting, collecting or crime prevention/deterrence. The reason for the second amendment is to afford the citizenry the ability to protect itself against/overthrow a tyrannical government.

"Oh, but we live in a more civilized environment than we did 200 years ago. That sort of thing isn't necessary any longer."

Bullshit. The world is full of tyrants and dictators and the elite on both sides of the political isle in this country firmly believe that they know, better than you, what is good for you and what isn't, and they are chomping at the bit to give themselves the power to take away your freedoms in the name of "progress" or "fairness" or whatever the buzzword of the hour is. If you want to be defenseless if the time ever comes when you need to stand up for yourself and your neighbors against an out of control government, that is your choice but I'll be damned if I sit by silently and allow that right to be taken away from everyone else just so some folks can sleep better at night, nestled snugly in the arms of the delusion that forbidding guns to law abiding citizens some how keeps them out of the hands of criminals.

Michael Bloomberg and the rest of the anti gun leftists can go take a flying leap off the nearest tall building in all their hypocritical glory.

"You can't be trusted to have a gun little person. Besides, you don't really need one. My security team? Oh, well, they have to be able to protect me. After all, if something happened to me, who would be left to look out for you? I say, is that a 20oz soda you're holding? Guards! Arrest that man!"

What a bloviating windbag. I don't care what party he claims to represent. He and his ilk are all big government "doo-gooders" (read as "road to hell construction workers") who believe that the ends justify the means. No thank you.

[Linked Image from i30.photobucket.com]