First AUTOMATIC weapons are illegal, you will hate life if you get caught with a FULLY AUTOMATIC weapon. Although the people that go off on these shootings don't care about laws.

Second, If you have not been in trouble with the law, buying a gun legally is easy. So is getting a divers license unless you have gotten into trouble driving a vehicle without a license.

Some seem to think anyone that has a gun will simply go off shooting up everyone. When was the last time anyone has heard of someone accidentally killing 26 people because they didn't know how to handle a gun? Same goes with drunk driving, cars don't crash themselves, someone has to be driving it before that can happen. Also to note, drunk driving kills more people than guns do. So when are the same people wanting to ban guns going to start calling for the ban of alcohol?

Does anyone that owns a gun know how to use it? I'm not going to be naive, I'm sure there are people that don't, there are also people that don't know how to drive. Yet they still get into a car. If you don't believe people can't drive, then come to Tulsa, Oklahoma I will prove to you in 5 minutes that having a license means jack shit when it comes to knowing how to drive.

But to compare guns & cars are two different issues, one is a privilege the other is a right. We have the RIGHT to keep & Bear arms. I have yet to see an amendment that says we have a RIGHT to keep and bear a car!