Originally Posted By: sinij
Originally Posted By: Wolfgang
I remember one in particular where a couple robbers went into a Pawn Shop, one of them fired his shotgun as soon as they walked through the door. As soon as he did that the man behind the counter grabbed his pistol and returned fire. Come to find out the shotgun blast hit a female Employee in the neck, she lived. But when someone walks into someplace guns blazing, what do you think your chances of surviving is? I would bet those two would have been dead if the male employee didn't return fire.

I fundamentally disagree with you here. The reason robbers went in guns blazing is because they very reasonably expected people inside to be armed. The fact that in US you expect to deal with armed people is main reason why you don't hesitate to shoot.

You hear someone breaking into your house? Shoot them first, never mind it was drunk next door neighbor confusing the house or teenager after your alcohol cabinet. You are breaking into someone's house to steal a TV and got surprised by an owner? You shoot them first, because you expect to get blown up in turn if you hesitate.

This and nothing else is why US has such ridiculously high number of gun-related violence.

So why don't you find the numbers on gun related deaths by murder, then look-up gun related deaths by some drunk simply going into the wrong house?

You ignorance of how normal people with guns behave is amazing. Seems you think of people with guns as someone that will just start shooting in the dark at anything. Now do ACCIDENTS happen? Yes they do it's sad so do accidents with cars,knives ect.

Usually people don't just go shooting through a door, if someone is trying to get into my house I'm going to check it out and try to get a good visual to see if they have a weapon or not. If they don't have a weapon I will let them know someone is in the house. If they continue inside and are coming at me in a threatening manner well that's their mistake.

To think people just go shooting up anything that moves if pretty fucking dumb on your part. We know you think guns are bad m-kay... arguing that we shouldn't have them should be long but over with. Reality is we do have them, so unless you plan to take every single firearm away from every citizen and military throughout the world, then your going to always have guns.

Just in case you forgot the definition of Reality:
re·al·i·ty/rēˈalətē/
Noun:
The world or the state of things as they actually exist, as opposed to an idealistic or notional idea of them: "he refuses to face reality".
A thing that is actually experienced or seen, esp. when this is grim or problematic: "the harsh realities of life".

Last edited by Wolfgang; 02/19/12 11:30 AM.