Originally Posted By: sini
Sethan, in a hypothetical situation where National Guard is going door to door rounding up people to put them into concentration camps, do you think you'd be able to fight them off with your superb marksmanship and easy access to rifles (as opposed to just handguns and shotguns) ?

I expect I am walking into a trap by answering this but I will entertain you with a fake scenario. It is kind of troubling to even write about harming our military personal and I have not given it much thought but this is how I imagine it will go down.

I would not be able to fight them off by myself anymore than a single National Guard soldier would fight a large group of me off. Hypothetically though this will not be a small scale situation and they will be rounding up thousands of people like me.

Granted I live in Texas and hypothetically if that does happen then I am 100% confident as a state my fellow citizens would fuck the National Guard up and send them packing. Modern warfare has drastically trended in the favor of those on the defense. Going on the offense against loosely organized guerrilla fighters on the defense is a next to impossible task using even the most modern technology.

If our *real* army and all of its infinite resources cannot beat back a mostly illiterate bunch of poor guerilla fighters in over 10 years then the National Guard doesn't stand a snowballs chance in hell coming to Texas and trying to round people up.

You give our government's army way too much credit in this fake scenario. It comes down to motivation really. The young National Guards they will be sending in this made up situation will be very unmotivated to go capture their own citizens. The people they are rounding up will quickly become motivated to the degree of a zealot. Also the south makes up of a large percentage of our military forces so they would be rounding up their own parents, friends and relatives.

Hypothetically after rounding up the first batch of Texans the word would spread rapidly and people would organize and go on the defense within days. The first batch would be easy but the second batch would result in heavy casualties.

So to answer your question.... Yes, I believe my right to bear arms gives me a good chance of defending myself in such a scenario.

Last edited by Sethan; 01/17/13 11:16 AM.