You should go look at the results in Australia

Gun violence rising there despite all the laws and bans.

You are correct that basic steps to mitigate it are not done - the thing you willfully ignore, is that none of those aforementioned basic steps have anything to do with laws regarding guns themselves. Which do exactly jack and shit.

I mean seriously, if you think the inner city drug war frontlines where most of the gun violence occurs is going to be somehow mitigated because lawful owners get databased or insured or wtf ever I also have a piece of a famous bridge to sell you.

The actual areas that suffer the most gun violence have the strictest anti gun laws. To no effect. Its pure fantasy to think that infringing on the right of the rest of the country to be armed is going to alter that. So what if internal supply would become somewhat more constrained? If that is even possible, it just means more guns would be illegally imported alongside all the illegal drugs and illegal humans.

Sure, the street value of weapons might go up a little. Im sure the fact that illegal weapons cost a little bit more is going to make a huuuge difference. /sarcasm

That there are still people who buy into the vague and facile emotional arguments regarding guns never ceases to amaze me. All they are doing is standing shoulder to shoulder with the fascists and corporatists in their quest to disempower the citizenry in favor of big govt and big money.

For who could be free when every other man's humour might domineer over him? - John Locke (2nd Treatise, sect 57)