You are not going to sell anyone on the blatant falsehood that semi-automatic rifle with a large clip is not any more deadly than hunting rifle or low-caliber handgun.

Thankfully legislators distancing themselves from NRA and the likes. Gun stocks are down. Chances are - new anti-gun regulation is all but done deal.

The only question is how effective such legislation is going to be. I hope it will be combination of limitations of guns and stricter control over legal purchase and resale process as well as increased penalties for failing to properly secure your weapon.

I think car ownership process is an effective model - you have to acquire license to operate, you have to register it with the authorities and you have to have it inspected on a regular basis. If you ever sell it - new owner has to go through the same process. If you ever lose it, you are responsible for it up until you notify authorities it was stolen.

I also hope they will create a list of medical conditions that would make you ineligible for license.

Last edited by sini; 12/19/12 07:43 AM.

[Linked Image]