I think governments focus on banning firearms for reasons other than preventing violence within their population. History will show you why governments feel the need to disarm their citizens.

Trust me, it isnt because they are worried little Timmy might get shot in school. Consider little Timmy has about the same chance of getting hit my lightning as he does being killed in a school massacre.

I think there are some common sense things we can do in America to curb gun violence but none of them involve the word "ban". All they have done with this talk about banning things is caused a massive influx of gun sales caused by fear.

Compare the number of children killed by overdosing on legal drugs to that of school shootings. You may wonder why we are not trying ban some of the pharmaceutical drugs that are so over prescribed and resulting in these deaths. I guess you can’t defend yourself by throwing a pill bottle so the government turns a blind eye.

When was the last time you heard someone say they trusted the American government or had faith in them making decisions with our best interest in mind? Why would we let them ban the purchase of certain types of firearms? The whole purpose of that right is to defend yourself from them.

The modern version of a musket is the semi automatic rifle. Shove that ole *when they made the 2nd amendment all they had were muskets* arguement up your ass. All the government had then were muskets too. If they had only gave us the rights to bronze swords and shields while they had muskets then that might be a valid point.

Last edited by Sethan; 01/11/13 11:48 AM.