Originally Posted By: sini
Originally Posted By: Sethan
2. Disagree, You shouldnt have to pay to insure your right to bear arms. Also I don't want someone's Grandpa getting arrested because some thug stole his gun.

Why not? Grandpa should go into PYITA prison if he is too senile to secure his guns and too senile to report them stolen. They don't let senile seniors drive cars, why guns should be any different?

You don't pay to insure your right to bear arms, you pay to ensure your potential misuse of this right.

It goes a lot further than Grandpa getting locked up for leaving his guns in the closet. Shits happens...Things that are properly locked up get stolen everyday. There are already enough criminally negligent storage of a firearm laws on the book that we dont need to go writing anymore.

I see where you are going with the insurance on firearms situation but I still do not agree with it at all. That opens the door for all kinds of abuse on your 2nd amendement rights. It may sound innocent at the start but will become a tool to abuse your right to bear arms. I could use some extreme examples like having to ensure your freedom of speech since it can get you punched in the nose or killed for saying the wrong thing.