Originally Posted By: Arkh

I don't care about gun homicide rates

Clearly.

Quote:
Also, what is the percentage of gun homicide in the US where the killer is legally owning his gun?

Legal and illegal ownership are tied. You fixate on "criminals with guns" and conveniently forget that all guns started as legally owned. It is just "legally owned gun" in US is such poorly defined and regulated concept that transition to "illegally owned" is so easy.

Quote:
But one little thing in your study: "the study included [...]Canada, [...] New Zealand, [...] Sweden" in those countries you can carry a gun. And their gun related homicide rate is low. Which means this rate is not only due to gun carry laws.

Yes, and I am not arguing that we should ban all guns, period, ever. What I am arguing is that licensing, tracking and registration should follow similar system to car ownership, that is if you plan to take your gun/car outside your property line you have to have a) license b) insurance against negative effects cause by c) have it registered and renewed on a regular basis.

Again, I am not against gun ownership unless we are talking assault and fully automatic weapon ownership.

[Linked Image]