If it isn't guns, it's bladed / club weapons or even fists. Folks kill each other every day, taking away potential weapons will not change that fact. If anyone thinks fist fights don't constitute deadly force, I will say you watch too many movies. A real fight does not typically end with a bloody lip or a black eye. . .

I carry a concealed weapon for the simple fact the world is full of stupid people who seem to think they're allowed to deprive others of their property ( or life ) simply because it is their will to do so.

See the recent story of the teenager who slit her ( 9 year old ) neighbors throat and thought it was " enjoyable " ?

Tip: Unless you're the offspring of Chuck Norris and can take down multiple attackers ( who may be armed with a variety of weapons, not necessarily firearms ) without a scratch, the personal firearm is the ONLY thing that is going to equalize the odds ( and thus increase your chance of survival ).

You think the guy in the story who was riding his bike would have stood any chance of facing down three teenagers ? Nope, the story probably would have ended with his beat down at the minimum, his death a high possibility.

I'll quit carrying a pistol when the world suddenly becomes a safe place to live in.

Afterthought:

Machine Guns are perfectly legal depending on what State you reside in. You simply have to register it with the BATFE, pay your $200 transfer tax and shazam, it's yours. Even a full blown M-60. ( Though only full auto prior to the 1986 ban are legal for citizens to own, which makes them stupidly expensive. The M-60 for example will check in around $30,000 USD )

Similar rules apply for suppressors, short barreled rifles, destructive devices and AOWs.

Oh, btw, there is a stock out there now that is 100% BATFE legal and will turn your typical semi-auto AR15 into a full auto variant. I don't suspect it will stay legal for very long, but as of this writing, it is legal. Check it out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yTSNscULt28

Here's the thing:

Typically folks who follow the laws and rules to obtain a legal firearm ( background checked, legal purchase, Conceal Carry Permit, training, etc ) are not the ones you have to worry about. It's the idiots who obtain them illegally that cause the problems.

It's because of those idiots that I carry one at all.

Last edited by Daye; 02/08/12 07:01 PM.