Chuckle.

Licensing guns makes no more sense than licensing vehicles in my opinion. Even with vehicle licensing, they still kill more people every year than guns ever will :D ( And there are more guns out there than vehicles to boot )

If you write laws to limit or outright ban the ownership of a thing, it will only serve to increase demand for it. Guns are pretty much illegal in Mexico without a license, yet they certainly have no issues with obtaining them illegally.

Illegally being the the word I want to stress here.

If you are willing to break the law to obtain them, you certainly will ignore any laws pertaining to their use. When is the last time a bank robber changed their mind because of a " Firearms Prohibited " sign on the front door ?

Folks who kill other folks with firearms do not CARE about the laws concerning it. If not a gun, then a knife. Or a bat, or a crossbow ( was in the news recently ), or a car, or whatever is handy at the time.

Folks who go after guns do so because it is the easier of the two variables to deal with. The tough one being the people who wield them. I merely need to point out alcohol as the perfect example and how well prohibition worked out to prove my point.

Too much work to deal with folks who abused it, easier just to deny everyone. Or so they thought. . . .

Last edited by Daye; 12/11/12 02:25 PM.