Sini, every time you make a post you display your complete lack of knowledge concerning firearms. I'm not sure if it's feigned ignorance, willful ignorance, or actual ignorance, but it's getting pretty stale. If you honestly can't think of a use for a rifle that is outside the bounds of what a pistol can do, then I really have nothing else to say to you in the matter.

And lest you forget, the men and women behind the controls of all that high tech military hardware are U.S. citizens, many with families at home, and many who likely share the opinions some of us have expressed here. The simple fact is that the government cannot definitively count on a majority of the military to carry out acts of force on the population, so that argument falls flat on its face. And if you don't think the government is afraid of an armed populace, just have a look at the long list of revolutions and rebellions, many of which were successful, throughout history. 300 million Americans with guns scares the shit out of any political figure with aspirations of total control.

edit: Just so we're clear, I hope you don't believe that all of this vitriol towards the proposed gun legislation is centered only on the fact that it's coming from a Democratic administration. Political party makes no difference when those in power start trying to take away our constitutional rights.

Last edited by Brutal; 01/16/13 08:53 PM.