Originally Posted By: sini
Brutal, just FYI for anyone of my political leaning you'd come across as completely insane. Keep this in mind if you keep in touch with such people IRL.

Completely false. I know a LOT of extremely liberal people, and only a handful of them are so far gone that they think the government is completely magnanimous as you seem to.

Originally Posted By: sini
If you said that proposed measures are not guaranteed to be effective - I'd agree with you. If you pointed at examples and statistics, proposed alternatives - I'd consider your opinions. When you start invoking Holocaust and suggest we put armed guards in every school is when I start offering to buy you a one-way ticket to a nuthouse.

Problem with current round of gun control is that one side mistakenly believes that do nothing is ideal approach and another side does not understand issue well enough to propose effective measures.

Not guaranteed to be effective?! So now, what you're telling me is that these new gun laws are guaranteed to reduce gun violence? You've gone completely off the reservation with this one. In what reality can you ever say with a straight face that any piece of legislation is guaranteed to be effective at anything other than advancing the agenda of the politician that proposed it?

edit: I got carried away and submitted too fast!

I have proposed an alternative: Leave the 2nd amendment alone. Yes, that is an alternative, and the only one currently that is constitutional. That word still means something.

And there's absolutely no reason for me or anyone else to not 'invoke the holocaust' as you put it. Walking around with blinders on so you can't see anything that has happened before may work out swell for you, but it hasn't ever helped me or anyone else much.

Last edited by Brutal; 01/17/13 11:18 AM.