Originally Posted By: sini
You are not going to sell anyone on the blatant falsehood that semi-automatic rifle with a large clip is not any more deadly than hunting rifle or low-caliber handgun.

Thankfully legislators distancing themselves from NRA and the likes. Gun stocks are down. Chances are - new anti-gun regulation is all but done deal.

The only question is how effective such legislation is going to be. I hope it will be combination of limitations of guns and stricter control over legal purchase and resale process as well as increased penalties for failing to properly secure your weapon.

I think car ownership process is an effective model - you have to acquire license to operate, you have to register it with the authorities and you have to have it inspected on a regular basis. If you ever sell it - new owner has to go through the same process. If you ever lose it, you are responsible for it up until you notify authorities it was stolen.

I also hope they will create a list of medical conditions that would make you ineligible for license.

WOW Gun Stocks are down? I'm not sure where you get your information but where I live you can go to any gun shop and find empty shelves. Guns are flying off the shelves, I was going to by some more clips and I can't find anyone that has them. One guy told me he had 2000 clips and sold them all just over the weekend. Guns sales have been through the roof.

Last edited by Wolfgang; 12/19/12 03:22 PM.