Originally Posted By: sini
Originally Posted By: Donkleaps
Why does having a view similar to the NRA statement automatically make you an NRA supporter?

It doesn't, but I asked if posters here supported specific NRA statement - including parts of blaming video game violence on shootings and turning schools into TSA-like security theater.

In my mind you don't have to be anti-gun to oppose that statement as illogical.

Quote:
In knowing that law enforcement cannot be everywhere all the time why would you not want to allow citizens the ability to defend themselves or others from crazies?

Ability to defend yourself is a concept I support, but you have to weight benefits of that versus increased lethality of crazies. High powered large-clip hollow point semi-automatic rifle is above and beyond what one would need for self-defense, a low-caliber handgun will do just as fine, but a crazies armed with such weapons (as opposed to a simple handgun) are exponentially more deadly than they need to be.

We do we need to turn question of self-defense into MAD with high potential for collateral damage?

You such a fucking liar. You asked the question then when we responded to your idiot ideas you made a blanket statement that we all supported the NRA statement.

If you don't think violent games or movies can affect people then you are a fucking idiot.
The people who do these things are fucking psycho, they do not have the same reality we do, so yes they came be affected by it.

Most of the population can watch and play violent games a watch violent movies and not go out and think it is a good idea to kill.
Its backward ass thinkers like you that want to strip the rights of the American people, because you think its how it should be.