Originally Posted By: Kaotic
So, in a big city where the average police response time (assuming you're even able to call the police) is 10 minutes, what are you supposed to do until the police arrive? Make tea and biscuits for the person who is assaulting you?

The police are at best a deterrent force who are often able to find perpetrators well after the fact. Very rarely are they able to intervene on anyone's behalf and save them from some tragedy.

It's a choice to be made, I do calculate my risks/percentage. In a packed city/ subway/ferry/bus station I do not want everyone with a cancelead weapon.. Imagine everyone in Manhatam with a cancelead gun, too much idiots with a gun is too risk, I prefer only the thugs :P with one, because the percetage of they get me offguard is higher and my weapon will not save me. So I do not want be killed by a crazy wold women or a skiny depresive nerd/high with a gun shoting everyone in a big city, with a fire weapon anyone can be a threat. :P

Animal Ethics: "I tremble for my species when I reflect that god is just." Thomas Jefferson.
[Linked Image from the-kgb.com]