Originally Posted By: Daye
Originally Posted By: sinij
Originally Posted By: Daye
Originally Posted By: sinij
Do you think that availability of illegal guns correlates to availability of legal guns?

Of course they do. Those who cannot obtain a weapon legally will find a means to obtain it. Typically through the use of a straw purchase or other methods.

Would you rather deal with thugs armed with handguns or automatic weapons and assault rifles?

Even as a pro-gun person I don't see how anyone could argue for keeping "implements of war" available to legal and illegal markets. They go above and beyond defend-anything, yet when they inevitably end up making into illegal hands they are used to wage war.

To be honest, it doesn't matter. Facing off against a thug with a handgun or the insane with a machine gun. The outcome for you is probably going to be the same.

The difference will be if you have the ability to counter by taking an active role in stopping it or leaving your life to the whims of said thug or Mr. Mental.

I will not let someone else decide my fate.

This is the point. If there's a good chance I will not survive an attack like this, I AT LEAST want to be able to fight back and possibly change the outcome in order to save my life or someone else's by having the RIGHT to carry a weapon. If those that don't want to carry a weapon come across that scenario. Then it's their choice to sit there and die by letting someone else take their life.

The whole "we shouldn't have guns argument" should be over with. We have guns, they won't be going anywhere. So the best course of action is for our legal system to use the laws they have and actually ENFORCE them. To many times people with weapons charges get set free, only to use a firearm illegally AGAIN!