I am in favor of some changes to our current laws on firearms. I think a few changes could fix a lot of the problems for both sides of this arguement.

I think anyone purchasing a firearm from now on should be required to take a safety course on firearms and qualify for their weapons. I have taken countless safety courses and advanced firearm courses in my time so I know the true benefit of such courses. Most responsible gun owners would be more than happy to teach people and help them through such a process.

If you want to own a firearm then you should want to know how to operate such a tool. If someone wants a semi automatic rifle then we should properly train them on the use of such a tool and how to safely operate it.

I have spent most of my life around firearms and know for a fact that not everyone should own one.I have had people point guns at me more times than I can remember and do completely unsafe things with their firearm because they were never taught how to safely use one.

Also people should be required to document firearm sales or go through a FFL dealer to sell their firearms to another person. I know for a fact a lot of felons and people who should not own firearms aquire them this way. I have seen it plenty of times in gun show parking lots and firmly believe such sales should require basic background checks. What is the purpose of a FFL dealer if such a loophole exist.

Our country should start educating themselves and others before they start outlawing firearms and demonizing responsible citizens. Sadly most of the people who are against firearms dont know a damn thing about them.

Last edited by Sethan; 01/09/13 03:54 PM.