Originally Posted By: Mithus
I understand what you said but,let's hypothetically describe a scenario where everyone above 18 years old would be carrying a firearm gun canceled in a big city with millions of people.
I personally would be feeling very unsafe instead of safe, living or visiting that city, because the possiblity of being shoted by mistake would dramatically increase even with the majority of that people had weapon legally, but again this is my personal feeling. :)

It's just math, with million of people carrying one, the chances of something goes wrong increase. To me is a question to weight the advantages and the disadvantages of everyone with a firegun, in a big city with police in a few minutes, I personally prefer everyone disarmed.

What about the man in Norway that was able to kill 87 people. He was on a remote Island that took time to get to and he knew it. That's why he picked that location, also setting a diversion like the bomb going off helped because law enforcement was focused on that.

Imagine if a couple people had weapons on that Island, do you think he would have been able to systematically walk through and kill that many people if other's had a weapon to take him out? If ONE person had a weapon and was able to at least Injury him, would it have been worth saving all those other lives?

Go to Youtube and look at all the shootouts they have. Check out the robberies they have caught on camera. I remember one in particular where a couple robbers went into a Pawn Shop, one of them fired his shotgun as soon as they walked through the door. As soon as he did that the man behind the counter grabbed his pistol and returned fire. Come to find out the shotgun blast hit a female Employee in the neck, she lived. But when someone walks into someplace guns blazing, what do you think your chances of surviving is? I would bet those two would have been dead if the male employee didn't return fire.

We can sit an argue how bad it is to have weapons. Fact is we have them and there's noway to eliminate them all. I much rather be able to have a weapon of my own and at least have the opportunity to be able to protect myself rather than have nothing and die without having anything to fight back with. There's an old saying, never take a knife to a gun fight!

Last edited by Wolfgang; 02/19/12 07:56 AM.