Originally Posted By: sini

I think car ownership process is an effective model - you have to acquire license to operate, you have to register it with the authorities and you have to have it inspected on a regular basis. If you ever sell it - new owner has to go through the same process. If you ever lose it, you are responsible for it up until you notify authorities it was stolen.

I also hope they will create a list of medical conditions that would make you ineligible for license.

With conceal carry permits you have to fill out an application and turn it in to the local sheriffs office. You have to pay for the background check which intensely goes through a Federal,State & local background check. If you have ANY mental issues that has been documented and of course any other legal issues, then you will not be able to get a permit. Just so you know, in these shootings that have happened, NONE of the shooters had a conceal carry permit.

About registering guns like cars. First you don't want people to know how many guns you have. If you have to register every gun you might as well put up a yard sign of how many guns you have and what kind they are. This is why conceal carry is a good thing, because if you don't know who has one, then you don't know who would shoot you if your a criminal looking for an easy score.

Just so you know, criminals are looking for people that are unarmed, and that are easy to take from. It's a lot less of a chance they would be shot. IN turn this is why it makes you less safe when you are in a gun fee zone. I'm sure if they could talk, any of those 87 people that were killed by the guy in Norway would agree that having a gun would have helped. But since he was the only one with a gun, well it's painfully obvious who's going to be the victim there.

Last edited by Wolfgang; 12/19/12 08:14 PM.