Lots of talk on gun banning. We'll see if it happens or not.

If memory serves me correctly, the 1994 Ban still comes to mind of our elected officials considering the transfer of power to Republicans once the ban went into effect. ( Short version is, ban goes into effect, enough people vote out all the folks who voted for it )

This is pretty much the reason Congress tries to stay out of such legislation, especially with their own elections right around the corner. I doubt the legislation will pass without full Senate support ( and that's not going to happen ) and even if it does, expect a Supreme Court showdown over it.

The other way around it would be for the States to implement their own rules about them. As long as the weapon is made IN the State and doesn't leave it, Congress has no say so about the commerce side of things concerning it. I would expect that topic to make an appearance soon.

Reactionary legislation after a tragedy is a piss poor way to run a country. Anyone here think the Patriot Act is a good piece of legislation ?

If all it takes is a tragedy to erode your rights, stand by. Expect to see a lot more of them in the near future.

Afterthought:

I lock my doors because evil people exist in the world. You can't go a single day here without the news telling of yet another home invasion. Group of men gain entry, tie everyone up, then rob everything they can. Your life is at their mercy. Some kill their victims, some don't.

My alarm will trigger the instant it happens. The individuals in question will have approximately two seconds to reach the back bedroom before I have the means to negate their presence permanently in hand and ready to go.

Last edited by Daye; 12/20/12 09:24 AM.