Originally Posted by rhaikh
Originally Posted by Sini
if these people don't have freedom of speech then nobody does. Do you at least agree with me on this proposition?

Yes, I agree. Despite open hostility by many large companies, ultimately all of your examples are enjoying freedom from governmental censorship and the ability to continue to express their ideas.

I am glad we are finding some points of agreement, however "freedom from governmental censorship" is necessary but not sufficient condition for freedom of speech to exist.

They are not entitled to platform. This is status quo and this is working. Your alternative needs to work better.

This is where we fundamentally disagree. The only way to see what is currently happening as "working" is if you agree with deplatfoming political opponents, as this goes beyond just censoring Nazis. I see what happening over social media as censorship, as collusion of high tech corporations with what used to be fringe groups in pushing our society into illiberality. Similar is happening in academia and now starting to happening in entertainment and arts.

[Linked Image]