Originally Posted by rhaikh
It's frankly bizarre that I post a quote from the organizer of Unite the Right and what you guys take away from it is that Twitter is bad.

The only bizzare thing is that some people miss the point of 'twitter is bad' comments - to wit: anyone can say anything, and generally should not be taken as credible until proven otherwise, nor would anyone pay attention to them were it not for twitter giving others someone easy to hate.

"some alt-right guy said something" - so what? Who does he represent? is there reason to believe anything he says matters, that he is telling the truth and not trolling, or even has a clue as to what he is talking about? Or are you just shouting "look here at my straw man!!!" louder and louder? If not, then link the relevancy of whatever alt-right guy to conversation.

If your argument is that the right is also eating itself, well youre making a bad argument and example here - but i'm pretty sure everyone already knew that anyhow. See huge ass Trump thread. The right already ate itself, and then took a messy shit. Would be nice if the left didn't play copycat, but all indications are that it is trying really hard to do so - which frankly wont be good for anyone.

Last edited by Derid; 09/16/18 03:06 PM.

For who could be free when every other man's humour might domineer over him? - John Locke (2nd Treatise, sect 57)