Originally Posted by Sini
Pick any one of the highlighted points and justify your positions. For now they are just dubious accusations.

Congratulations on actually reading what I wrote for once. I think this is big step for you.

I grant that my claims are unfounded in this forum, but I reserve that they are based on rational analysis. Please do your own research as I'm done contributing to your bad faith discussion.

Originally Posted by Derid
For clarity and perspective, lets imagine the shoe being on the other foot for a minute.

Calling Sam Harris an alt-right figure, or cynical panderer to such is the equivalent of calling Thomas Piketty a SJW Marxist or panderer to such because his body of work regarding systemic inequality can be shoehorned to fit into Marx's interpretation of Hegel's dialectic, and also tends to validate the assertion that a person's starting position in life heavily influences their likely ending position. He also asserts that 'elites' have captured political process across all major parties, making him somewhat popular with some radical leftists. (just YouTube marx piketty if you want examples of this)

However, trying to label him a SJW or Marxist is absurd, as he is neither of those things. Anyone who tried to dismiss his positions not by addressing his logic or facts, but by trying to poison the well and associate him with people who cherry-pick portions of his work to support their Marxist positions, would also be acting in an absurd manner.

The difference is that Harris did not do original research with Murray, he is simply giving him platform and choosing to ignore valid rational arguments against the work itself to promote his agenda.

[Linked Image]