Originally Posted by rhaikh

All members of the Republican party should dissolve or acknowledge everything they've done to empower racism.

Originally Posted by rhaikh

I strongly disagree with this, and this is central to my point, because the actions of the Republican party are not discrete. They build upon a foundation of racist history and racially motivated political power, and without major reversal or acknowledgement of the damage done - universal Rubio-like affirmation - future policies which could reasonably be described as having racist effects might as well have all the moral implications of the racist policies from the civil rights era which they replaced.

History is an awful place with many bad things done to many people. For example, democratic party supported slavery and impeded and even reversed reconstruction effort. Originally, KKK was an arm of Southern Democratic machine. Today all of this is irrelevant, as this isn't the same Democratic party.

What is not irrelevant is trying to paint entire movement of conservatism as racist. Not only this is grossly, maliciously inaccurate, it also prevents any kind of discourse or finding a common ground that is necessary to govern. Unless you think dissolution of The United States is a good thing, you shouldn't engage in such behavior or thinking.

---

Now, lets play a game. I will call out ideas, until Rhaikh loses it and calls me a racist, then I demonstrate how he is not justified in doing so.

1. Islam is NOT religion of peace

[Linked Image]