Originally Posted by rhaikh
I'm following the backbone upon which some "conservative" policy hangs, which starts with Goldwater using euphemisms like "bullies and marauders," Nixon standing with Thurmond, Reagan talking about states rights in Neshoba County, and which eventually traveled down the escalator.

And years after that, Hillary was dog whistling about "super predators" while her husband signed legislation that would begin an era of mass minority incarceration. Yet more years later she was personally representing party in recent election.

Your point?

If you want to say both parties are racist, then sure. Just to be clear, I'm not defending GOP shittyness - I'm simply pointing out selectivity on your part. But it seems to me that to call GOPers blanket racist by your metrics, one would also have to concede that Democrats are also very racist. Any "pass" that the Democrats might have gotten for electing Obama was given up when they pushed Hillary. Quite a few prominent Democrats, including much of their congressional leadership, has family power base rooted in same racist culture you invoke - extending well into the period of time you are talking about.

Last edited by Derid; 05/01/18 10:35 PM.

For who could be free when every other man's humour might domineer over him? - John Locke (2nd Treatise, sect 57)