Originally Posted by Derid
And I answered to the relevant concern - the moral one. Just because there was an issue in the past with one side, is not reason to passively watch as a deadly cancer metastasizes and spreads on the other side.

Yet again you ascribe dichotomy where none exists.

I think you assume far too much about peoples motivations, which are generally far more selfish.

Both racism, and unexamined privilege, are side effects of narcissism and selfishness.

if more people who lacked proper ID voted GOP, would the GOP in some areas still be trying to institute voter ID laws?

This question is a tangent. The right question is, why are the people who are effectively disenfranchised by voter ID laws minorities? I've already provided the answer.

Also, and this is the most important point: politics is complex.

I agree. Which is why, to move on from constant claims of racism, which were accurate in the past and have provided the Republicans a position of power, they need to now actively disclaim it. The GOP needs to affirm the realities of the situation and it needs to analyze their policies from this perspective. Which they blanketly, historically and contemporaneously not only refuse to do, but backpedal and complain that the notion that this is in any way necessary is in itself unfair. It denies the common ground as I said above.

[Linked Image]