https://areomagazine.com/2018/10/02/academic-grievance-studies-and-the-corruption-of-scholarship/

We undertook this project to study, understand, and expose the reality of grievance studies, which is corrupting academic research. Because open, good-faith conversation around topics of identity such as gender, race, and sexuality (and the scholarship that works with them) is nearly impossible, our aim has been to reboot these conversations. We hope this will give people—especially those who believe in liberalism, progress, modernity, open inquiry, and social justice—a clear reason to look at the identitarian madness coming out of the academic and activist left and say, “No, I will not go along with that. You do not speak for me.”

Link is to the essay by the people themselves, as opposed to one of the many other periodicals that have covered this lately. I consider it important reading, partially because it illuminates a serious problem in certain segments of academia - but also because the findings will undoubtedly have political reverberations down the road. In truth, I first noticed this issue in my own university days well over a decade ago, though it had yet to metastasize into what is has become today. But also because I think that both poor arguments and poor scholarship create weakness in even the best intentioned initiatives. Something not supported by rigor and reason is just a fad of public opinion, and can often cause reasonable positions and scholarship that appear superficially close in some manner to take a big hit as well.

For who could be free when every other man's humour might domineer over him? - John Locke (2nd Treatise, sect 57)