Originally Posted by rhaikh
Or, you can just admit that your narrative that there's a vast left-wing conspiracy to dismantle freedom of speech is a crock of shit. I know which would be easier.

I hate to sound petty because everything you say up to this phrase is very reasonable; but.. This phrase is exactly the sort that people who believe in a "vast left-wing conspiracy" point to as ammunition for their argument.

"..just be quiet and accept it.." or "..admit that you don't know what's going on.." or "..wouldn't it just be easier to accept that you are wrong.." and the like, even if not phrased exactly this way all sound like "..I KNOW BETTER THAN YOU.." which is a pretty big turn-off. If you care enough about the argument and the other individual, and you believe you do know better than they do, then you should want to prove beyond all reasonable doubt that you are right and they are wrong, or to be proven wrong yourself! I know that in this case you believe you have done the former, and that Sini is just being contrary, but even though I tend to agree with many of your arguments I'm not entirely convinced one way or the other. I'd hate to see what looks to me like a productive argument abandoned so easily.

Last edited by Brutal; 01/15/19 09:53 AM.