Okay, I'll start by saying that my patience for righting your meandering barge of an argument is running exceptionally low, so this conversation may end soon if you don't pick up your slack.

First:
Originally Posted by Sini
However, the whole point is that you don't want to be reasonable, you want to censor Nazis without owning up to your actions.

Yeah, I actually do think every private organization has the right to not be compelled to platform Nazi speech, and I think every organization we've talked about is currently and should continue to be in this category. I think bad actors who overstep are subject to proportionate market forces. However, you're arguing for the opposite, so I'm trying to get you to explain how that would work. What you're arguing is that these companies 1) should be public accommodations, and that 2) political ideology should be a protected class, and that 3) they additionally don't have a right to refuse service for legitimate business reasons. So let's focus on these points, please, and let's continue with our start on #3.

These companies should not have the right to refuse service. If we agree that such right ought to exist, then it should also apply to Cake Shops, Catholic Hospitals and so on.

Yes, I absolutely agree. They should all have the right to prevent disruption of their legitimate business interests. The cake shop should not be forced to allow a group of LGBT protesters to sit in the lobby of their store. That is the fundamental comparison. I'd argue that, by nature of the internet, the equivalent of the "lobby" of an online platform company extends to encompass all of their customers. Their customers act and are served in a space immediately adjacent to all of their other business interests.

Nobody reasonable would confuse DNS registration with endorsing hate speech

Nobody is arguing that. I said I think social media is compelled to promote speech on their platform, not other companies.

Here's what these companies are saying:

https://blog.cloudflare.com/why-we-terminated-daily-stormer/

The tipping point for us making this decision was that the team behind Daily Stormer made the claim that we were secretly supporters of their ideology.

I think that's a pretty clear action which disrupts their business interests, and they should maintain the right to refuse service to a customer who does this. Why shouldn't they?

BTW:

Yes, favorite sources like this den of alt-right thought also known as The New Your Times. For example...

NYT: We're All Fascists Now

I stopped reading at "opinion by Bari Weiss" because that is, in fact, exactly what I was talking about.

[Linked Image]