The politifact article is about some pre-TP event regarding some mayoral candidate in FL. I dont see how it is relevant to the discussion.

The NYtimes article does not seem to support your position, I am not sure why you posted it. Article talks about all the various types of right leaning groups, and how some "claim" the TP mantle.

The rightwing watch is just a report of a post on TPN- the Judson Philips site. Judson is a guy who made a website... and... people can post things on it. When they post an original topic, it gets emailed to all the members. I signed up at one point... email got spammed with like 5-10 posts a day.

So, someone posted something on a random TP site and due to the mechanic of the site the post got emailed out to people on the site mailing list. People also can post on the topic and if you know anything about TPN, you know that there are all sorts of huge debates about all sorts of things.

Interestingly enough, Judson was a big Newt supporter.. Newt is nothing at all like a TP guy. Lots of TPers dont even consider TPN to be a real TP site, though it claims the name. It is a general grass roots conservative site.

Talk about bad examples.

Also, the TP I am familiar with does talk quite a lot about corporate welfare. The GOP/conservative sites dont so much, but thats actually one good way to tell if a TP group is a real TP group or a GOP front with Tea Party in the name.

----------

Heres an idea.

http://www.teapartynation.com/forum/topi...steel-trap-mind

This is a pro-Ryan post on TPN. Now, go read some of the community replies. See what they talk about. Learn a little bit about even a single, even GOP/oriented Tea Party group.

For who could be free when every other man's humour might domineer over him? - John Locke (2nd Treatise, sect 57)