Lets talk about Ayn Rand. Since Paul Ryan is self-admitted Rand disciple and his Ryan's plan is very much along the lines of objectivism.

Ayn Rand... I share quite a bit in common with her - I too escaped communism while young, I also like her came to US and became successful. I very much agree with her on matters of religion and religious morality. I also like her no-nonsense approach to feminism, where she acknowledges difference in sexes while rejecting inequality.

Where I don't agree with her is her Objectivism philosophy, that I see as a reactionary to communism. Instead of understanding differences and nuances she blindly formulated Anti-Communism doctrine by forming point-by-point opposition to it. Her ideology makes as little sense as communism.

Ayn Rand rejection of altruism, her insistence on individualism ignores the very fabric of society that allows us to exist. Gordon Gekko channeled her ideology in his famous "Greed Is Good" speech.

Allow me to disagree. Ayn Rand blind faith in "rational" self-interest ignores the very obvious fact that self-interest is not, and cannot be rational without society, social contract and laws. Why create when you can take away?

[Linked Image]