Honestly I am pretty torn. Its not that I particularly like Romney at this point. But, I *really* want to see the depth and breadth of what Obama has really been up to come to light and see some accountability.

The problem is, I am not sure it would happen under Romney. Just like Obama either got scared or cut corrupt deals to protect all the crazy shit Bush was doing/crazy people that operated with impunity under Bush... its entirely possible, even probable that Romney would continue in the same tradition and bow to the same elite cadre of corrupt powers.

But, if there was less fear of retribution - its actually Dems that would start speaking up.

So it makes for a tough call. Give the current embodiment of evil and corruption another 4 years.. or replace it with something that has about an 80% chance of being almost or just as bad. Honestly I consider it a real pickle.

As far as Medicare/SS... that doesnt matter to me. Because I already know for a fact that on our present path, neither program will have any relevance 30-40 years from now. If anyone my age is in a position where they have to rely on these govt programs , we are basically screwed. My generation will continue to be heavily looted by the Silent and Looter (Boomer) generations and be left with nothing.

For who could be free when every other man's humour might domineer over him? - John Locke (2nd Treatise, sect 57)