Originally Posted By: Sinji's source, markedly different from his first source
The President’s budget, officially referred to as the Budget of the United States Government, is required by law to be submitted to Congress early in the legislative session. The President’s budget is only a request to Congress. Nevertheless, the power to formulate and submit the budget is a vital tool in the President’s direction of the executive branch and of national policy. The President’s proposals often influence congressional revenue and spending decisions, though the extent of the influence varies from year to year and depends more on political and fiscal conditions than on the legal status of the budget.
It doesn't say if this is criminal or civil law but surely there is some punishment due Obama since he didn't submit one for the first two years of his term.

I believe the debate was whether or not it is POTUS's job to create a budget. Clearly it is, and is required by law.

Originally Posted By: Sinji
In layman's terms - Congress creates and passes the budget.

I think I'll draw my own conclusions since yours seem to leave out important details. Didn't you say that's where the devil is?

Last edited by Kaotic; 08/08/12 06:16 PM.

[Linked Image from i30.photobucket.com]