Originally Posted By: sinij
Originally Posted By: Kaotic
I think that Obama is actively and intentionally evil.

I think both of you allowed partisanship to cloud your judgment. You could still be called rational if you, for example, seen Obama as incompetent or misguided, but seeing him as intentionally evil is a symptom of critical thinking failure of poisoning of information supply.

I hold abusing the power of your office to advance your personal agenda , as well as ignoring the rule of law even though your oath was to uphold it, as well as using the power of your office to enrich your cronies as evil things. I do not think he is evil for the sake of evil in of itself like some supervillian caricature, rather he simply does things to advance his own power with no regard to whether or not it is evil.

You can think what you want. When he took office I did not hold this view, rather I have slowly come to it. I think you are rather making assumptions based on your own partisan view. But from funneling billions to cronies, to expanding the police state, to other things much too numerous to get into here - there is plenty of evidence to support my view.

I think you should pay more attention to what he does, not what he says, and not the hope you hold out in your heart for him.

I think in regards to partisanship, you are the one falls prey to that type of thinking - your constant theme is one of "vs the GOP" , I do not think I have seen you objectively frame any argument. It always comes back to "vs the GOP", and it really gives the impression that you project your own tendencies toward partisanship on others and just assume it taints their thinking.

Your tendency to make unfounded assumptions about others, and then throw in backhanded insults based on those assumptions is pretty much why you sometimes get a less than warm reception from people just FYI.

For who could be free when every other man's humour might domineer over him? - John Locke (2nd Treatise, sect 57)