Originally Posted By: sinij
Originally Posted By: Kaotic
I haven't read through all of this, but you didn't ask me if I agreed with it. You asked for the details... I hope its not too much trouble to read between the lines and see how these things impact the deficit and budget without them actually saying, "this will lower the deficit" etc.

Policy doesn't work that way. This is like saying "we are going to cure cancer!". Alright, but devil is in the details. Just like in other discussion and Rep. Mick Mulvaney's bill - if there are no details it is all bunch of political theater.

Plus what little is there is outright wrong. For example nobody pays max corporate rate, that number is meaningless so is lowering it. Repeal death taxes? As if wealth inequality is not bad enough already. Plus how are you going to pay for this AND cut deficits.

How about this for a policy, wrap Romney in a copper wire and put him next to a magnet, this way we can solve our energy crisis with electricity produced from all the flip-flopping he does.

No, megacorps and ultrarich people get around the death and corp taxes. People in the middle get hammered. That is why they are so despised.

C'mon sinij, I just KNOW you have to have read plenty on the leftist news/opinion sites on how the megacorps, ultra wealthy and well lawyered and connected get around those things while the small guy gets hammered.

Edit: on another note... Palin? Eck. Red nailed her on the head. She didnt run for Prez because she is happy making money now anyhow. Good for her I guess, but I sure wouldnt want her in a position of authority. She might be better than Obama, but thats just because I consider Obama actively and intentionally evil. But if Palin were elected, I do not think she has the capacity to understand things well enough to make sound judgements regarding her advisers and their advice - so even if she is purehearted would just end up being taken advantage of by sycophantic evil flunkies.

Last edited by Derid; 08/08/12 07:13 PM.

For who could be free when every other man's humour might domineer over him? - John Locke (2nd Treatise, sect 57)