Originally Posted By: Mithus
Also I would like to point some thing that repeat through our human history, "the goat scape factor"

our society as general and some politicians try to pick up scape goat over the course of bad times, I already saw coments from KGB members about the problem of imigrants and blamming them for some degree about the economic problem..

as a remind the nazi blamed the jews about the economic problems,
after the WW2 the comunist were the scape goats and the fuel to many decision taking..

and now the imigrants and muslims as general are the new scape goats for the problems, USA always had people imigranting ilegaly or legaly to work to jobs were less education and qualification were needed, and that was not a factor, now things are getting worse people need something to blame and justify.

I don't think that anyone is blaming the immigrants for our economic woes and if they are they are poorly informed at best.

Additionally you should notice that the ground swell of anti-illegalalien sentiment comes from the bottom up. The other two examples you listed came from the top down. If we start to see serious demagoguery from a politician directed at illegals in order to reinforce his/her political power then we should absolutely sit up and pay attention. As it stands now the only time it gets mentioned is when the politician thinks that the audience wants to hear it, but no politician is even seriously talking about immigration reform much less rounding people up. (Never forget that we did the same thing here with Germans in WWI and with Japanese in WWII, thank god we didn't kill them, since what we did do was bad enough [for the record both presidents who rounded up American citizens and immigrants were democrats])

Having said that we do need some serious immigration reform. Being fairly intimately involved with that section of our population I can say without equivocation that it is way too hard for people to come here legally who want to work. If we made it easier for hard working people to come and contribute then we also would make it much easier to single out and find those who wish to do us harm.

[Linked Image from i30.photobucket.com]