Originally Posted By: JetStar
Originally Posted By: Wolfgang
Is that really all you got Jet? I expected more. What would you rather have a system like Europe and be even further in debt? (so far they haven't shown they can sustain all the freebies) There are other ways to cut healthcare cost, will it be free? NO! But it would be cheaper. A smart guy like yourself should know Government buracracy adds costs to anything it's hands are in.

I don't like how fucked up the government spends my taxes as it is, let alone let them dictate my healthcare. Also Jet, if you're so caring and want to help people with no Insurance. Maybe you should give to a charitable fund hospitals have that help people with no Insurance, like the one I recieved help from with my hospital bill when I didn't have Insurance. Also, 3 days and $79,000 for test's goes to show you how much MORE cost is in California. I know there's some exspendive testing, but that's ridiculous.

On the California thing, California has many social programs. And taxes dirt that's on dirt, and I'm sure those taxes aren't cheap. So why is the worlds 5th largest GDP broke? Is it because of FOX NEWS or BUSH? Surely it couldn't be the social prgrams costing to much, because we all know that stuff is free. Maybe Solyndra can help out with some energy... OH WAIT!

Well I would argue that the lack of regulation in the financial world allows credit default swaps to tank our entire economy. 8 years of Bush hypocrisy, that PROVED that tax cuts do not stimulate the economy or create job growth. The rich get richer, the middle class is disappearing, and the poor get poorer. Once the economy was destroyed, then the tax base dried up, and everyone suffered even more.

Republicans are the same people that screamed that GM was a lost cause, and should be left to rot, then cant admit it when you are wrong when they recover.

Republicans are the same people that got us into the longest wars in US history, with no plan to get out, and mass corruption behind it all. Imagine our economy if we didn't have those wars.

Republicans are the same people that cheer Rick Perry for 250 plus executions in Texas, but at the same time reject a womans right to choose what happens in her own body, deny two human beings the right to marry and be treated equally under the law, and reject science.

Now lets take 8 years of disastrous policies and blame them on the current administration who was left holding the bag to clean it all up.

That's how I see it, and as I have stated many times, I am a follower and believer in the PBS Frontline series. The truth is all there for you to see if you can open your eyes. I have posted these many times to deaf ears. You can hear it from the players themselves.

Wolfgang although you found a way to pay for your health care, many have no way. When you are born to uneducated parents in the inner city, you don't have those same options, and people like you guys want to sentence these people to hardship and death. This is not the United States as I see it.

I don't have kids, and yet I pay for education. Why? Because the success of the people is the success of the country, and therefore my success.

I can just hope more people see it my way than yours.

It wasnt credit default swaps that tanked the economy. Do you not even see the structural factors at play?

The PBS Frontline shows arent bad. But remember, the people who "were there" that they get on the show have one purpose and one purpose only for appearing - to try and cover their own asses and justify themselves. (and try to preempt future criminal charges/lawsuits via court of public opinion )

As for the rest... jeez, label much? I dont think most of us fit those labels at all. I do see a lot of edge issues though, like abortion... totally synthetic issues that do not even matter in the slightest, but are used by manipulators on the right and left to keep the electorate preoccupied and divided over meaningless things like abortion and gay rights while they make off with the loot.

You should try and put yourself in the shoes of someone who tries or does run their own business. Try dealing with a govt that does nothing except fuck with you when some buraeucrat needs to make quota, navigate all the BS, and pay out the ass... then try to make payroll and still have time to get the actual work done.

Theres a damn good reason the govt is near universally loathed by people who aren't either in a cozy corp job with a mega multinational, or rich enough to afford an army of lobbyists and lawyers.

For who could be free when every other man's humour might domineer over him? - John Locke (2nd Treatise, sect 57)