I do not and will not endorse taking your money at gunpoint to deal with my family issues. I would ask that you had the same respect for me.

edit -

I forgot you are from Brazil. So you may or may not know that Constitutionally, in the USA, each State is actualy supposed to have a very high degree of autonomy. I actually have far fewer objections to assistance programs run at the state level and lower. Firstly, because it is actually Constitutional to do so.

Secondly, because the responsible govt officials are much closer to the population in terms of accountability.... the ratio of representation is also much better. If you have an issue with a Washington beauracrat.... good luck... your hosed unless you know a newspaper editor or have enough money to retain a skilled attorney.

At the state level, your still mostly screwed... but not quite as badly... and if it becomes a major issue for a lot of people it is relatively easy to hold elected officials accountable. Not easy, just much easier than holding the federal govt accountable... which is almost impossible.

Pretty much every State in the USA is larger either in terms of population or land... usually both... than quite a few actual countries in the world.. not to mention GDP and overall wealth. There is simply no reason to tie up a huge system like health care in one gigantic, opaque, unaccountable bureaucracy.

If people in Ohio want to cook up our own health care at the State level... then fine. But we sure as hell dont need people from Cali or DC or Chicago telling us what we need and how to do it.

Last edited by Derid; 09/11/11 08:14 PM.

For who could be free when every other man's humour might domineer over him? - John Locke (2nd Treatise, sect 57)