Derid

you pay taxes and those taxes goes to government and you want a good use of your money.

local,state,federal are all government branchs it doesnt matter, you pay your taxes and city,state and federal government get a part of it to distribute and give you services that you need, like security(police,fire departmente),education and of course health system if you cannot pay for a private one, like a private school.

You pay taxes to the government, Why not a small percentage of your taxes goes to medical care system, the same thing goes to education and security, in the end you pay for it.

As incentive for medical and drugs discoveries, itīs not different like when the government pay for ultra expensive military jets and equipment. The government should pay with your taxes for drugs and give those companies that discovery 20 years of patente rights, like it does with military.

Did you see how france and england take care of people? is something wrong with them not paying directly for medical care. It will not drive any medical discoveries away.

Animal Ethics: "I tremble for my species when I reflect that god is just." Thomas Jefferson.
[Linked Image from the-kgb.com]