Originally Posted By: Wolfgang
Mithus let me tell you a personal story of mine. I had emergency surgery about 8 years ago. I didn't have health insurance because I was only working as a temporary employee. I ended up having to stay a week in the hospital. The bill was a little over $10,000 dollars. A lady came into my room asking about my insurance. This was after my surgery. So she suggested medicade, I refused.

So after I got out of the hospital and received the bill I realized I was going to need some help. My aunt works in a doctors offcie and told me that all hospitals have funds specifically given by donations to help people with no insurance. I called and they told me I made more than the normal person with no insurance. They still pro-rated it and knocked off a little over $3,000 from my bill. I made a lot less than I do now, I had to much going on financially. So I paid the bill off in 18 months I realize not everyone has the money to even do that. But things like that fund that knocked some $$ off my bill are there. If I had taken the medicade I may have walked away with paying little to nothiung. It was my choice to not go that route and at least paid as much as I did to pay it off. That's called responsibilty. And that doesn't hurt anyone to have take on responsibilty. A lot of people take advantage of willingness to help them. I think giving people something without having something at stake, causes laziness in a lot of them. I'm not saying that true for everyone, and having the programs that we do have to help people is a good thing. But that's as far as our government should be involved.

My brother had a seizure in the dentist office and got rushed to emergency in San Jose California. Was in for 3 days and had all kinds of tests. The bill was $79,000. If he didnt have insurance, he would be FUCKED. This is what you guys want to happen to people when they get sick.

LOOK EVERYONE!! ITS WOLFGANG AND PRISMS DREAM COME TRUE (I think that's Wolfgang pushing the wheelchair:

[Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from oracle.the-kgb.com]
Star Citizen Hanger:
RSI Javelin Destroyer, Hull E, RSI Constellation Pheonix, Aegis Dynamics Retaliator, Banu Merchantman
F7A Military Hornet Upgrade, F7C-S Hornet Ghost, F7C-R Hornet Tracker, Origin 325a Fighter