translated from portugues to english, so things maybe writed wrong:

The number of Americans living below the poverty line has reached the record figure of 46.2 million people in 2010, a time when the U.S. economy trying to emerge from recession, the federal government reported Tuesday.

In a report highlighting the enormous economic challenge faced by the U.S. president, Barack Obama, Congress and the country, the Census Bureau said that the national poverty rate rose for the third consecutive year. The increase was 0.8% points to 15.1% of the population. In 2009, 43.6 million were living in poverty.

The report says the number of poor in the country is the largest since the federal agency began publishing estimates of poverty, 52 years ago. The rate of depletion is the highest since 1993.

The income of U.S. homes fell 2.3%, from U.S. $ 49,445 per year, and the number of Americans without health insurance is around 50 million.

The deteriorating U.S. economy indicators shown in the Census probably worsened in 2011, as economic growth declined, unemployment has remained stagnant over 9% and increased fears of a recession increased.

---

Last edited by Mithus; 09/13/11 11:57 AM.

Animal Ethics: "I tremble for my species when I reflect that god is just." Thomas Jefferson.
[Linked Image from the-kgb.com]