You guys argue strongly that the government can not be involved in crucial issues, you if you allow your government care about security, education, why not about health care for those 50 million, I also understand that you do not want be forced to pay anything that you already pay in taxes for the government.

Not everyone has the political awareness and education that you have, or resources that you have.
----------------------
Brazil - Wiki
The Brazilian health system is composed of a large, public, government managed system, the SUS (Sistema Único de Saúde) , which serves the majority of the population, and a private sector, managed by health insurance funds and private entrepreneurs.

The public health system, SUS, was established in 1988 by the Brazilian Constitution, and sits on 3 basic principles of universality, comprehensiveness and equity. Universality states that all citizens must have access to health care services, without any form of discrimination, regarding skin color, income, social status, gender or any other variable.

ps.
I do not use the public system, I pay for a private medical insurance.

Last edited by Mithus; 09/13/11 01:18 PM.

Animal Ethics: "I tremble for my species when I reflect that god is just." Thomas Jefferson.
[Linked Image from the-kgb.com]