Originally Posted By: Drakiis
Because the Tea Party was created and run by wealthy functionaries that are looking to gain tax cuts for themselves by fooling poor to middle class Americans into believing their voice is being heard at the political level, when it's not their voice but those of the wealthy. Rich philanthropists fund big rallies and events you see being orchestrated across the country. Tea Party candidates are seeking to line their pockets, and prevent the rich from being taxed, in exchange for giving the poor to middle class a soap box upon which to stand. The blue and white collar workers fooled by a movement that has less to do about their constitutional rights then it does about gaining legitimacy as a political movement and gaining a foothold in the political arena for the wealthy to win over the common man. Thus I don't buy their grassroots origins which is why I am suspicious of the whole movement, other then this hang up I think they could be a moving in the right direction, but as Kaotic says they have to toss those career politicians and make sure the money used to keep the movement active isn't from wealthy people trying to buy their way.

You still haven't said where you're getting your information. I'm not going to completely dismiss your claims unless you're just pulling this out of thin air. I would like the chance to look at the evidence you've amassed that has convinced you of your viewpoint.

And you persist in your assertion that the Tea Party is an actual centralized political party. I've seen no evidence of this, but would love the opportunity to review your data.

Last edited by Kaotic; 09/22/10 02:06 PM. Reason: Drakiis' persistance

[Linked Image from i30.photobucket.com]