Theres a lot of Tea Parties - its largely a local phenominae, that happens to be occuring in a lot of localities.

Some are the religious types, a lot are more Constitutionalists.

The one thing all of them seem to agree on, is govt is way way to big and spending way to much. After that, there are some pretty big digressions of path.

Though the Dems and liberal arms of the media are doing every thing they can to paint the whole movement in religious colors. Because they know in the long run, that brand of fanaticism will turn off mainstream folk.

Unfortunately it is having some effect, especially as Palin encourages that angle.

I do not mind that many tea partiers may be religious, but if the fanaticism aspect wins out over the secular rational aspect,we might be in trouble. The Tea Party started as a very secular movement motivated by fear of GOP corruption, big govt, and Obama style marxism.

But at least the movement is helping put the scare in, and help clean out some of the Bush era rot. I am worried it will peak at mid terms though, and religious radicalization will dull its edge by the time the next Prez elections come around.

What I was hoping for, was a peak during the Prez cycle so it would be feasible to actually get the health care crap reversed.

For who could be free when every other man's humour might domineer over him? - John Locke (2nd Treatise, sect 57)