Originally Posted By: Derid

The answer to poverty lies in the govt doing less, not more.

Govt, fundamentally, produces nothing. It simply uses force of arms to redistribute productivity. In some cases this is necessary, as money and goods are needed to form a common defense and providing a common infrastructure seems to have worked out pretty well.

To much meddling though, and govt starts unduly interfering with the lives and commerce of those who produce. It is self-evident that a society with abundance of productivity affords greater opportunity to those in poverty to find a way out of poverty. Where productivity is scarce, there is stiffer competition for resources ergo the opportunities to escape poverty are smaller.

However our society has changed from producing to consuming and taking advantage of systems that are in place to help those who really need it, this in turn has made those systems more demanding and paranoid or suspicious of those who ask for the assistance which in turn makes it very difficult if not impossible for those in need to receive assistance that is also available to those who drain the system to provide them extra when they may not really need it, not to mention the frivolous spending our governments and assistant programs do outside of offering help, like flying their top employees first class, or bailing out companies who should shoulder their own economic burdens if they expect the rest of the populous to do so.

I am Wrath, I am Steel, I am the Mercy of Angels.
mors est merces mea – death is my reward
morte in vitam non habet tenaci - Death has no grip on Life.
[Linked Image from i.redd.it]